ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last updated January 05, 2023
This Acceptable Use Policy ('Policy
') is part of our Terms of Service ('Legal Terms
') and should therefore be read alongside our main Legal Terms: https://qhstore.uk/pages/https-qhstore-uk-pages-terms-of-service
. If you do not agree with these Legal Terms, please refrain from using our Services. Your continued use of our Services implies acceptance of these Legal Terms.
Please carefully review this Policy which applies to any and all:
(a) uses of our Services (as defined in 'Legal Terms')
(b) forms, materials, consent tools, comments, post, and all other content available on the Services ('Content') and
(c) material which you contribute to the Services including any upload, post, review, disclosure, ratings, comments, chat etc. in any forum, chatrooms, reviews, and to any interactive services associated with it ('Contribution').
WHO WE ARE
We are Quality Home Enhancements LTD, doing business as Quality Home Clothing | Beauty ('Company
', or 'our
') a company registered in England at New Inn, Old School Lane, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 2NT. We operate the website http://www.qhstore.uk
'), the mobile application Quality Home Clothing | Beauty (the 'App
'), as well as any other related products and services that refer or link to this Policy (collectively, the 'Services
USE OF THE SERVICES
When you use the Services you warrant that you will comply with this Policy and with all applicable laws.
You also acknowledge that you may not:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorised use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the Services.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our Services, including our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the Services, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or the Services connected.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Services and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services, except as expressly permitted by applicable law.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Services designed to prevent or restrict access to the Services, or any portion of the Services.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats ('gifs'), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as 'spyware' or 'passive collection mechanisms' or 'pcms').
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or using or launching any unauthorised script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
- Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Services.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion Please treat this discussion forum with respect. It’s a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation. These are not hard and fast rules, just aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a useful place for civilized public discourse. Improve the Discussion Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later. The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said. One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests. Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid: Name-calling. Ad hominem attacks (explained here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem
). Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content. Knee-jerk contradiction. Instead, help improve the conversation. Your Participation Counts The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not. Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too. If You See a Problem, Flag It Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police. When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention. In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community. Always Be Civil Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness: Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech. Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit. Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information. Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum. These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times. This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe. Keep It Tidy Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So: Don’t start a topic in the wrong category. Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics. Don’t post no-content replies. Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream. Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it. Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic. Post Only Your Own Stuff You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
In this Policy, the term 'Contribution' means:
- any data, information, software, text, code, music, scripts, sound, graphics, photos, videos, tags, messages, interactive features, or other materials that you post, share, upload, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner on or through to the Services; or
- any other content, materials, or data you provide to Quality Home Enhancements LTD or use with the Services.
Some areas of the Services may allow users to upload, transmit, or post Contributions. We may but are under no obligation to review or moderate the Contributions made on the Services, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage resulting from any of our users' breach of this Policy. Please report any Contribution that you believe breaches this Policy; however, we will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a Contribution is indeed in breach of this Policy.
You warrant that:
- you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licences, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorise us, the Services, and other users of the Services to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and this Policy;
- all your Contributions comply with applicable laws and are original and true (if they represent your opinion or facts);
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party; and
- you have the verifiable consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and this Policy.
You also agree that you will not post, transmit, or upload any (or any part of a) Contribution that:
- is in breach of applicable laws, regulation, court order, contractual obligation, this Policy, our Legal Terms, a legal duty, or that promotes or facilitates fraud or illegal activities;
- is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, insulting, intimidating, bullying, abusive, or threatening, to any person or group;
- is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- includes child sexual abuse material, or violates any applicable law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect minors;
- contains any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner;
- promotes violence, advocates the violent overthrow of any government, or incites, encourages, or threatens physical harm against another;
- is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libellous, slanderous, contains sexually explicit material, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by us);
- is discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- bullies, intimidates, humiliates, or insults any person;
- promotes, facilitates, or assists anyone in promoting and facilitating acts of terrorism;
- infringes, or assists anyone in infringing, a third party's intellectual property rights or publicity or privacy rights;
- is deceitful, misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person and/or misleads anyone as to your relationship with us or implies that the Contribution was made by someone else than you;
- contains unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation that has been 'paid for', whether with monetary compensation or in kind; or
- misrepresents your identity or who the Contribution is from.
REVIEW AND RATINGS
When your Contribution is a review or rating, you also agree that:
- you have firsthand experience with the goods and services being reviewed;
- your Contribution is true to your experience;
- you are not affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews (or linked in any way to, e.g., by being the owner or seller/manufacturer of, a product or service if posting positive reviews);
- you cannot make or offer any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
- you cannot post any false or misleading statements; and
- you do not and will not organise a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
REPORTING A BREACH OF THIS POLICY
We may but are under no obligation to review or moderate the Contributions made on the Services and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage resulting from any of our users' breach of this Policy.
If you consider that any Content or Contribution:
- breach this Policy, please call (+44) 01271 626640, email us at Info@qhstore.uk, or refer to the contact details at the bottom of this document to let us know which Content or Contribution is in breach of this Policy and why; or
- infringe any third-party intellectual property rights, please email us at Info@qhstore.uk.
We will reasonably determine whether a Content or Contribution breaches this Policy.
CONSEQUENCES OF BREACHING THIS POLICY
The consequences for violating our Policy will vary depending on the severity of the breach and the user's history on the Services, by way of example:
We may, in some cases, give you a warning and/or remove the infringing Contribution, however, if your breach is serious or if you continue to breach our Legal Terms and this Policy, we have the right to suspend terminate your access to and use of our Services and, if applicable, disable your account. We may also notify law enforcement or issue legal proceedings against you when we believe that there is a genuine risk to an individual or a threat to public safety.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to any of your breaches of this Policy.
COMPLAINTS AND REMOVAL OF LEGITIMATE CONTENT
If you consider that some Content or Contribution have been mistakenly removed or blocked from the Services, please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this document and we will promptly review our decision to remove such Content or Contribution. The Content or Contribution may stay 'down' whilst we conduct the review process.
Blogger responsibilities Every blog must have a named owner, who’ll be accountable for the blog and be the main point of contact with the Digital team. The blog owner is expected to: ensure the blog is updated at least monthly co-ordinate, schedule and quality assure posts help contributors publish their work make sure comments are moderated and responded to evaluate blog and post traffic and engagement to make sure that it is developing and is worthwhile promote the blog and get it out to relevant users in the University and beyond make sure their posts disclose all the relevant affiliations when posting about research or writing an opinon as an expert (point 7.2 in the Code of good practice in research integrity) Every contributor shares a responsibility for the blog and is expected to fully support and deputise for the blog owner. Digital team responsibilities The Digital team will support the blog platform and each of the bloggers in the following ways: set up new blogs and accounts provide guidance on publishing posts and administration of blogs maintain the availability and security of the blogging platform manage, prioritise and implement requests for additional functionality and design produce and maintain guidance and policies related to usage of the blogs advise on good blogging practice support the promotion of blogs and posts archive finished or inactive blogs take action to resolve improper use of University blogs Unsuitable content for our blogs University blogs should not be used to publish the following: announcements, ‘news’ and press releases campaign landing pages case studies corporate information (e.g. policies, strategies etc) event listings guides location overviews project overviews publications service overviews staff profiles team profiles Blog posts can be used to supplement content published on the main site. For example, a blog post could be used to help promote an event and link through to the event listing on the main site, or a series of posts could explain how a service is being improved thus helping to market a service available through bath.ac.uk. Where we identify a misuse of blogs we will contact the owner and outline how the issue should be resolved. Failure to comply will result in a suspension or closure of an account. Changes to blog design and functionality The Digital team is responsible for the design and technical configuration of the blogs platform and each blog on that platform. You should not attempt to make functionality and design changes to the configuration provided by Digital, without first agreeing with Digital. The agreed changes will then be made by Digital, unless expressly agreed that another party or the blogger can make the change on Digital’s behalf. If you contravene these requirements, the Digital team will ask the blogger to remove the content or reset the configuration changes. The Digital team may make the corrections directly in some cases, for example when the blogger does not respond to the instruction. Of course, exceptions can be made but these must first be discussed and agreed with Digital. We have set the blogs up in the way we have to make sure that the blogs look good, function well and can be supported (at scale) by a central team. We are always open to ideas for improvements from bloggers and readers of the blogs. If you have a request for a change to design or functionality please submit a request via the Request or change a feature page and include evidence of how this will meet a user need.
Quality Home Enhancements LTD is under no obligation to monitor users’ activities, and we disclaim any responsibility for any user’s misuse of the Services. Quality Home Enhancements LTD has no responsibility for any user or other Content or Contribution created, maintained, stored, transmitted, or accessible on or through the Services, and is not obligated to monitor or exercise any editorial control over such material. If Quality Home Enhancements LTD becomes aware that any such Content or Contribution violates this Policy, Quality Home Enhancements LTD may, in addition to removing such Content or Contribution and blocking your account, report such breach to the police or appropriate regulatory authority. Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, Quality Home Enhancements LTD disclaims any obligation to any person who has not entered into an agreement with Quality Home Enhancements LTD for the use of the Services.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any further questions or comments or wish to report any problematic Content or Contribution, you may contact us by:
Phone: (+44) 01271 626640